Administation screen to manage signups
|Reported by:||imath||Owned by:||imath|
|Component:||Component - Members||Keywords:||2nd-opinion has-patch needs-testing|
As discussed in dev chats, it can be interesting to "build" a new administration screen to manage/moderate the registrations. I've been playing in this area lately, and i think i'll be able to suggest a first patch in a few days. I've benchmarked Boone's unconfirmed plugin and a plugin i built a while ago to get some inspiration.
My idea is to add a new view in the WP List Table of the users.php page at the end of the list of roles.
We could have actions like "Activate" or "Delete" the pending account, i've also noticed, there were a site option available in multisite configs called banned_email_domains, these domains are checked during the registration process. So we could also add an option to ban email domains just before deleting the registration.
Here's a screenshot of my idea of the Signups Administration screen :
Here are the main difficulties i'm seeing :
- A unique class (eg "BP_Members_Signups") to get the signups whatever WordPress config is
- bulk activate and notification emails, as i think a user whose account has been activated needs to be informed
- On non multisite config, "Pending accounts" are already users with a specific usermeta and a user_status set to 2 and as such, they are listed in blog's users page, and took in account in the count_users() WordPress function, so we will surely need to "filter" the WP_User_Query used in the WP List Table
Found a relative ticket : #4651
Change History (88)
comment:49 follow-up: ↓ 51 @boonebgorges — 15 months ago
- Owner set to boonebgorges
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:68 follow-up: ↓ 69 @boonebgorges — 15 months ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed