Glitch in enabling Group Forums using Sitewide Forums
|Reported by:||mercime||Owned by:|
WP 3.5.1, BuddyPress 1.6.4 and bbPress 2.2.4 fresh installations:
- XAMPP installation
- Production Multisite installation where BP is installed in blog_site 2
Group Admin has to enable Group Forum twice in order to create group forum and the link to show up in group's main navigation.
- During Installation Wizard, disable Discussion Forums component
- Install bbPress
- Forum > Add New - "Group Forums" and change attribute type from Forum to Category and Publish
- Settings > Forums go to BuddyPress section and check Allow BP group to have forum. Select Group Forums created above for parent and Save
- Go example.com/groups/create and create a new Group, "ABC"
- Step 3 of ABC Group Creation, check "Yes, I want to have a group forum" and continue to complete the Group creation process.
- There's no "Forum" link in the main navigation of the "ABC" Group
- Click on ABC Group's "Admin" link
- Click on "Forum" link in Sub navigation
- "Yes, I want to have a group forum" is unchecked. Check it again and click "Save"
- Forum link is now available in ABC Group's main navigation.