Date xprofile field enhancement
|Reported by:||sooskriszta||Owned by:|
|Component:||Component - XProfile||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing|
I can't claim that this will useful for all or most communities. I do believe that many communities, especially "social networking"-type communities will find it valuable.
This could be formed by 3 dropdowns: one each for date, month and year. The sequence of the dropdowns should be dictated by the date format selected by admin in WordPress settings.
There should be 2 mutually exclusive options (checkboxes):
- Show year in public profile (unchecked by default) - so by default the public profile shows only date and month.
- Show age instead of date of birth (unchecked by default) - overrides previous option..if checked the profile shows calculated age in years (today - dob), instead of the date of birth
The admin should also have the right to limit registration/profile access by age. e.g. A checkbox and a textbox in admin panel
Only allow members over years of age (unchecked by default)
In frontend, the dropdowns only list dates that would make the member's age over the admin-specified minimum age. If admin has not selected any minimum, then the member's age should be at least 0 days.
Standard validation rules for dates apply.
Change History (29)
comment:4 @sooskriszta — 17 months ago
- Summary changed from Custom xprofile field: Date of birth to Date xprofile field enhancement
comment:18 @DJPaul — 5 weeks ago
- Keywords needs-testing added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.4