Big activity stream bug after editing an entry in the activity dashboard - introduced in 1.6.3
|Reported by:||rossagrant||Owned by:||boonebgorges|
I have found a rather large bug in BP 1.6.3 that occurs when you edit an activity stream item from the backend.
I noticed it when editing a forum reply and created the following screencast:
SINCE THEN I HAVE TESTED IT THOROUGHLY AND IT AFFECTS ALL EDITED STEAM ITEMS - not just forum replies, but literally everything you edit from the dashboard.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a stream item by posting a forum post for example.
- Visit the 'Activity' dashboard.
- Select the entry to edit. You don't need to edit it, just hit 'Update'.
- Visit the stream and you will see that the item is now styled according to two incorrect classes of 'mini' and 'friend-request'.
- Clicking on the time stamp - which would normally take you to the forum post for example, now diverts you to a single view friend request style page.
I have tested this on 3 installs, 1 brand new install and it seems to affect ALL activity items that get edited in the backend.
One way to correct this as a very basic workaround for forum posts is to trash the post, then restore it, so that the item is created again correctly. Editing it once more causes the issue once more.
Change History (15)
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:6 rossagrant — 14 months ago
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened