Updated forum topics are not displaying the correct action in the activity stream
|Reported by:||nickharambee||Owned by:||DJPaul|
|Component:||Component - Groups||Keywords:||has-patch commit|
When I update forum topics the listing in the forum directory (and the page for the topic itself) states the correct time information for the topic/post, i.e. "[user] said [time since post was originally created] ago."
However, in both activity streams it states "[user] started the forum topic [title of topic] in the group... [time forum post was edited], which is of course wrong, as the forum topic was not created at the time it was edited.
I am not sure whether this is supposed to state "[user] edited the forum topic..." This would make sense to me. Otherwise, if it is supposed to state "[user] started the forum topic..." , then it should keep the time of the original post and the correct place in the activity stream based on the time it was created.
I have replicated this issue with more than one forum topic and with the BP default theme. The issue does not occur when editing replies to forum topics, only with the original forum topic. When editing replies everything appears as it did before the edit, so maybe this is how it is meant to work with the original topic too.
Change History (6)
- Component changed from Core to Groups
- Keywords has-patch added
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Summary changed from Updated forum topics are not displaying the correct time information in the activity stream to Updated forum topics are not displaying the correct action in the activity stream
- Version changed from 1.5.6 to 1.2
- Keywords 1.7-early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
3 years ago
- Keywords commit added; 1.7-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 1.7