Skip to:
Content

BuddyPress.org

Opened 10 months ago

Last modified 5 months ago

#8351 assigned defect (bug)

Create a Site Bug

Reported by: eha75 Owned by: imath
Milestone: Under Consideration Priority: normal
Severity: normal Version:
Component: Blogs Keywords:
Cc:

Change History (7)

#1 @imath
10 months ago

  • Component changed from Core to Blogs
  • Keywords reporter-feedback added

Hi @eha75

I guess in your case BuddyPress is not activated on the main WordPress site of the network, can you confirm?

#2 @eha75
10 months ago

hi,

BP is network activated.
but BP root is defined different to the main site (define ( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', 2); and define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 4);)
but for new created sites via BP frontend, the system uses the BP root blog domain.

br, Eric

#3 @eha75
9 months ago

  • Keywords reporter-feedback removed

#4 @imath
9 months ago

  • Keywords needs-testing added
  • Owner set to imath
  • Status changed from new to assigned

Thanks for your feedback, I'll try to reproduce the issue asap.

#5 @imath
9 months ago

  • Keywords reporter-feedback added

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

But as we're using WordPress functions to create blogs, could you check it's a BuddyPress issue by deactivating BuddyPress and trying to register from the wp-login.php page?

If there are no problems, I'll need more infos about your configuration in particular:

  • the Multisite config type (subdomain or subdirectory)
  • the value of these constants DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE, PATH_CURRENT_SITE, SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE

#6 @eha75
5 months ago

  • Keywords needs-testing reporter-feedback removed

Hi,
sorry for the delay, but i had to pause my BP activities for some time, but i am back again.

here is my setup: WP 5.6 multisite (subdirectory confif), BP 7.1.0 on siteground, 4 domains configured to the install.

target is to have BP on a different site than "main", but new sites to be created based on the domain used for the "main" site, which should be the default if i understood correct.

the issue that i noticed is that new sites are not created based on the domain of the main site, but based on the domain which is used for the BP site, this is repeatable on my testinstall.

interesting fact:
using Sites > Create a Site on the frontend of the BP site, the page shows the correct sitename from the main site with the free field to enter the subdirectory name.

after creating the new site, the "congratulations page" names the domain of the BP site with the entered subdirecory name as "your new site", which is the same that was setup by the systems and is visible in the Sites list /wp-admin/network/sites.php (bp-site-domain/subdirectory instead of wpmu-site-domain/subdirectory)

if i create a new site via backend /wp-admin/network/site-new.php the new site is being created correct based on the domain of the main site (DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE).

for my wp-config i use the following definitions for the site setup:
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

define('MULTISITE', true);
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false);
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'testdomainreplaced.smile');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

define ( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', 2);

i also tested to define another site for BP_ROOT_BLOG and also to define another main site BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE, same effect.

br, Eric

#7 @imath
5 months ago

  • Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Under Consideration

Thanks for your feedback I'll give it another look asap.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.