Skip to:
Content

BuddyPress.org

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#825 closed defect (bug) (no action required)

Upgrading BuddyPress with WP_CACHE enabled causes problems

Reported by: r-a-y Owned by:
Milestone: 1.1 Priority: major
Severity: Version:
Component: Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I've outlined my problems during the upgrade process from BP 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 with WP_CACHE (object cache) enabled in this BP forum thread:
http://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3373

Not sure exactly what is causing the problems, but thought I would create a ticket so Andy is aware.

Change History (3)

#1 @r-a-y
10 years ago

Update: I just figured out we were using the file-based object cache (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/file-based-extension-to-the-wordpress-object-cache/) and not the eAccelerator one.

Am quite sure that the eAccelerator or XCache object cache will work with no problems. Will update this ticket if this isn't the case.

#2 @apeatling
10 years ago

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

Not really a bug with BP, need to follow the instructions in that forum thread.

#3 @r-a-y
10 years ago

Understood, Andy.

I've updated the "Improving Performance" codex page to avoid potential user problems (like I had!) by removing references to the Neosmart object caching plugins since, according to Donncha, they do not work well with WPMU 2.7 and up:
http://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/improving-performance/

I've replaced them with a development file-based object cache optimized for WPMU by Donncha, as well as another eAccelerator object caching plugin that works quite well with WPMU 2.7 and up.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.