Revise enqueue style locations for theme compat
|Reported by:||hnla||Owned by:||boonebgorges|
|Component:||Appearance - Template Parts||Keywords:||has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-testing|
|Cc:||hnla, mercijavier@…, johnjamesjacoby|
As we can create '/community', '/buddypress' folders in theme root as well as custom primary template file in those folders root e.g 'buddypress.php' it makes sense that we also can move the folder'/css/buddypress.css' into this position as well, rather than have to have it live in theme root seeming a little orphaned?
Attached patch re-writes the file_exists checks to include the two possible alternative locations for stylesheets and attempts to condense code lines using is_child_theme() checks for switching stylesheet/template_directory paths.
This patch doesn't take into account the js enqueueing, which is perhaps lees of a concern for end user to be moving about if they should be at all, but this can be matched to stylesheet block if proposal thought acceptable.
Change History (16)
- Cc mercijavier@… added
- Keywords changed from legacy, style enqueueing to legacy style enqueueing
comment:2 @boonebgorges — 22 months ago
- Keywords has-patch added; legacy style enqueueing removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 1.8
comment:3 @boonebgorges — 22 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 1.8 to 1.9
comment:5 @boonebgorges — 22 months ago
- Cc johnjamesjacoby added
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-testing added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 1.9 to 1.8