Use WP's metadata API
|Reported by:||sbrajesh||Owned by:|
|Component:||Component - Core||Keywords:|
I am working on some code for a friend of mine and I need to filter on the total member count.
As these values are stored in the group meta, we need to filter on groups_get_groupmeta value.
Currently groups_get_groupmeta does not allow filtering. Since BuddyPress is following the footprints of WordPress, I believe we should have this functionality in BuddyPress. WordPress metadata api does provide early filtering.
If the devs approve this, I will put a patch quickly.
Change History (36)
- Component changed from Groups to Core
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Milestone changed from 1.8 to Future Release
- Severity changed from minor to normal
- Summary changed from groups_get_groupmeta should allow filtering the value to Use WP's metadata API
- Version changed from 1.6.1 to 1.2
comment:13 @boonebgorges — 20 months ago
- Keywords needs-testing 2nd-opinion added; needs-refresh removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.0
- Keywords needs-unit-tests commit added; needs-testing 2nd-opinion removed