WP 3.4/BP1.5.6 – issue with quotes on SWA
|Reported by:||chouf1||Owned by:|
|Component:||Component - Activity||Keywords:||has-patch 2nd-opinion|
In the WP mo file there is a translation for curly quot opening and closing quot 8220 and 8221 to respectively laquo and raquo
This is welle translated in forum post and comments, and NOT in the site wide activity witch ouput 2 closing quote.
The only way actually is to not translate the quote and using the original 8220/8221, but this gives english quotes; In french we use laquo and raquo.
I searched and tried many things, but couldn’t isolate the origin who sits probably between wp-includes/formating.php and buddypress/…/…/backpress/functions_kses.php and some filter in bp-activity-filter.php
The wrong things are the two closing quotes in french.
For better understanding you can read here, but’s in french:
This problem was also under WP 3.3.2/BP 1.5.4
Change History (15)
- Component changed from Core to Activity
- Keywords reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Version changed from 1.5.6 to 1.7
comment:11 @boonebgorges — 19 months ago
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.0