Uninstall button and routine
|Reported by:||boonebgorges||Owned by:|
BP's deactivation hook bp_loader_deactivate() (bp-loader.php) deletes a bunch of live site options. This is a Bad Idea, especially because plugins often have to be deactivated for testing and maintenance (and upgrades!).
1) Remove the deactivation hook altogether
2) Leave it, but modify it from removing site options that are still valid
3) Leave it, but just for the do_action() hook.
My vote is for option (3). There might still be reasons why some other plugin would want to hook to BP activation, so it's worth it to keep the hook. The removal of stale settings should be done by proper upgrade routines like the one in bp-core-upgrade.php (in case someone wants to deactivate/activate without updating).
Change History (20)
6 years ago
- Milestone changed from 1.3 to 1.4
- Summary changed from Remove deactivation hook to Uninstall button and routine
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
4 years ago
- Keywords 1.7-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 1.7