BuddyPress specific UI refresh
|Reported by:||karmatosed||Owned by:||boonebgorges|
|Cc:||karmatosed@…, mercijavier@…, trisha@…|
There are a number of specific UI elements that every theme needs. The current version in 1.7 has a legacy styling which could do with a refresh and any new template will need to also have. They aren't something that can be inherited totally from the theme so are still applicable.
The suggested list to be considered are:
- Messages (error, success, notices) : particularly checking contrast levels on this to make sure we are accessible
- Buttons (comment, reply, favourite) - ideally would use the theme .button style for colour and not have a gradient/radius
- Span number indicators
There are probably other areas that could be added to here so if anyone knows any we could add them.
There is another ticket that suggests a new template pack (http://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4952). If this ticket was done for 1.8 then this could be considered part of that, however if it was to be potentially for 1.9 or 'when ready' then having this as part of 1.8 could also 'detheme' a bit more the legacy templates by adding in the following:
- Making sure fonts and font sizes come from theme (px to rem would also be good)
- Remove all border radius, gradients, drop shadows (if any)
Whatever is done here would be needed for the new template pack so a good easy step towards that, but it could be released before to have something in 1.8 UI wise and also clean up legacy (people are going to use it for a while).
A simple plugin could be developed for this to get easier testing, but it could also be done just in CSS - depends if want in core from start or to take a mp6 approach.
Change History (32)
- Owner set to boonebgorges
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed