GMT offset bug for date_sent in bp-messages-classes.php [Has Patch]
|Reported by:||rnaegle||Owned by:||DJPaul|
|Cc:||email@…, piphut, paulhastings0@…, hashmore@…|
I found that newly created messages were being displayed as if they had been sent at an incorrect time relative to my system timezone. In my case the local timezone is EDT; messages that were just sent appeared to have been sent 4 hours ago.
The problem persists after updating to 126.96.36.199
It appears the culprit was the MySQL function FROM_UNIXTIME returns a timestamp relative to the system timezone, but bp_core_time_since expects a timestamp relative to GMT.
Attached is a patch that works on my instance of BuddyPress.
Change History (45)
- Owner set to rnaegle
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from GMT offset bug for date_sent in bp-messages-classes.php to GMT offset bug for date_sent in bp-messages-classes.php [Has Patch]
- Keywords has-patch added; messages timezone GMT removed
- Milestone set to 1.2.4
- Priority changed from trivial to normal
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Milestone changed from 1.2.6 to 1.3
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Owner changed from rnaegle to DJPaul
- Status changed from reopened to assigned